Hunslet Austerity 0-6-0ST works number 7169 (current number WD71515) "Mech Nav" was built at Robert Stephenson and Hawthorn's (RSH) Forth Banks workshops in Newcastle in 1944 for the War Department. It was dispatched to the Ashington Coal Company by the War Department to handle the demand for coal. With World War II over it spent time at the Horton Grange open cast disposal point, in Northumberland, before ending up at Swalwell open cast disposal in Gateshead. The site was operated for the National Coal Board (NCB) by local firm Mechanical Navvies Ltd. who emblazoned their name on the side of the maroon liveried locomotive. The locomotive stayed there until it was retired in 1974. Saved from scrapping it was sent to the East Somerset Railway and numbered 68005 to resemble J94. It then moved on to the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway as number 68005. It was overhauled at the Flour Mill in the Forest of Dean and returned to service in the private ownership of Mary Mahabir on the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway in 2010 lettered as Mech Navvies Ltd. now wearing Indian Red livery.